- J. Eickholt, M.R. Johnson, P. Seeling. (2020) Practical Active Learning Stations to Transform Existing Learning Environments into Flexible, Active Learning Classrooms. IEEE Transactions on Education. [Accepted].
- M. Johnson, Q. Cole, J. Eickholt. (2020) Exploring Differences in Students’ Perceptions of Traditional and Economy Active Learning Classrooms in an Undergraduate Computer Science Course. Journal on Excellence in College Teaching..
- J. Eickholt, V. Jogiparthi, P. Seeling, Q. Hinton, M. Johnson. (2019) Supporting Project-based Learning through Economical and Flexible Learning Spaces. Education Sciences. 9(3), 212.
- P. Seeling, J. Eickholt, Q. Hinton, M. Johnson (2019) Low-Cost Active Learning Benefits for Introductory Computer Science Courses. IEEE Frontiers in Education, Cincinnati, Ohio.
- J. Eickholt, L. Gandy, P. Seeling, M. Johnson (2019) Advancing Adoption of Active Learning Pedagogy via New Avenues of Research and Training. IEEE Frontiers in Education, Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Q. Cole, M. Johnson, J. Eickholt. (2017) Creating Economy Active Learning Classrooms for IT Students. Annual Conference on Information Technology Education (SIGITE 2017), Rochester, New York.
- J. Eickholt, J. Roush, P. Seeling, T. Vedantham, and M. Johnson. (2017) Supporting Active Learning though Commodity and Open Source Solutions. IEEE Frontiers in Education, Indianapolis, Indiana.
- P. Seeling and J. Eickholt. (2017) Levels of Active Learning in Programming Skill Acquisition: From Lecture to Active Learning Rooms. IEEE Frontiers in Education, Indianapolis, Indiana.
Tutorials and Workshops
- J. Eickholt, P. Seeling, L. Gandy, Q. Cole and M. Johnson. (2018) Confronting Barriers to Active Learning in Computer Science Through Technology, Community and Culture. CCSC Rocky Mountain Conference, Soccoro, New Mexico.
- J. Eickholt, P. Seeling, L. Gandy, Q. Cole and M. Johnson. (2018) Creating a Culture and Environment for Active Learning Succes. CCSC Eastern Conference, Arlington, Virginia.
- J. Eickholt, P. Seeling and M. Johnson. (2017) Supporting Active Learning in Computer Science Through Technology and Community. CCSC Midwest Conference Grand Rapids, Michigan.
- M. Johnson et al. (2019) Evaluating Students’ Experiences in Traditional and Economy Active Learning STEM Classrooms. 2019 Original Lilly Conference on College Teaching, Oxford, Ohio.
- J. Eickholt and P. Seeling. (2020) BoF: Pedagogy and Classroom: How Can I Do This and That Space or Does it Even Matter? The Special Interest Group on Computer Science Education Technical Symposium (SIGCSE 2020), Portland, Oregon.